Hidroeléctrica Binacional Bolivia-Brasil Dam Profile
Countries: Bolivia / Brasil
Rivers: Beni / Madeira / Mamoré
Capacity: 3,000 MW
Cost: US$ 4.5 billion
Operational Status: Planned
Companies Involved: Empresa Nacional de Electricidad (ENDE)
- In progress an inventory of all potential hydroelectric plants on rivers Madeira, Mamore and Beni, determining their complementarity and / or exclusion.
- Of all the hydroelectric potential identified three projects to be selected which will be held for pre-feasibility study.
- Construction planned to start in April 2011
- Execution period: April 2011- October 2018
- Operations expected to start in 2019
* estimated power