Brejão Dam Profile
Basins: Araguaia - Tocantins
Rivers: do Sono
Capacity: 75 MW
Flooded Area: 6 Km2
Affected People (official): 42
Operational Status: Planned
Companies Involved: Centrais Elétricas do Norte do Brasil S/A (Eletronorte) / EDP Energias do Brasil S/A
- Eletronorte is a subsidiary of the state-owned company Eletrobrás.
- EDP Energias do Brasil S/A belongs to portuguese group EDP.
* directly affected people: from the study "Identification of environmental impacts and conflicts in watersheds of energy potential: a pilot project in the river do Sono Basin (TO)" - Icléa Almeida de Queirós (UCB)
- Identification of environmental impacts and conflicts in watersheds which involve energy interests: a pilot project in the river do Sono Basin (TO)
- Energias do Brasil signs partnership with ELETRONORTE