Cachoeira dos Patos Dam Profile
Capacity: 528 MW
Flooded Area: 117 Km2
Cost: US$ 829.0 million
Operational Status: Planned
Companies Involved: Centrais Elétricas Brasileiras S/A (Eletrobrás) / Centrais Elétricas do Norte do Brasil S/A (Eletronorte) / Construções e Comércio Camargo Côrrea S/A / EDF Consultoria em Projetos de Geração de Energia Ltda. / Endesa Brasil S/A / EPP Energia Elétrica, Promoção e Participações Ltda. / Intertechne Consultores Associados S/C Ltda. / Neoenergia Investimentos S/A (Neoinvest)
Investment Plans: Plano Decenal de Expansão de Energía 2020, Brasil / Programa de Aceleração do Crescimento, Brasil
Part of the Tapajós Hydroelectric Complex, together with São Luiz do Tapajós (6133 MW), Jatobá (2338 MW), Jamanxim (881 MW) and Cachoeira do Caí (802 MW). All these projects are under study, and there are also two other inventoried areas: Chocorão (3336 MW) and Jardim do Ouro (227 MW).
- Eletronorte is a state-owned company controlled by the holding Eletrobrás.
- Neoenergia Investimentos S/A (Neoinvest) is controlled by the Spainish company Iberdrola and by investment funds linked to the Brazilian public bank Banco do Brasil (Bank of Brazil) and to the Welfare Fund for Banco do Brasil's Staff (Previ).
- The company Endesa Brasil is controlled by the Italian group Enel.
Protected areas affected:
- National Park Jamanxim (direct interference).
- Environmental Protection Area of Tapajós (surrounding area).
- South Hall of Ecotones Amazon.
Priority areas for biodiversity protection affected:
Am 111 - Extremely High Priority.
- Meeting of the Advisory Board of the Amazon Park on theTapajós River Basin hydropower plants
- Indigenous people ask Eletrobras fpr clarifications on dams at the Tapajos
- Preliminary Report on the Tapajós Basin Hydroelectric Inventory