Cachuela Esperanza Dam Profile
Capacity: 990 MW
Flooded Area: 690 Km2
Cost: US$ 2.5 billion
Operational Status: Planned
Companies Involved: Corani S.A / Empresa Nacional de Electricidad (ENDE) / Sinohydro
- Part of the project for the Madeira River, from the Initiative for the Integration of Regional Infrastructure in South-America (IIRSA).
- 95% of the energy produced may be exported to Brazil.
- Environmental Impact Assessment not yet concluded.
- Final Design 2008-2010.
- Financing 2010.
- Bid expected for 2010.
- Construction expected to start in 2011.
- Execution period: 2011-2019
- Operations expected to start in 2020
The preparatory studies, feasibility studies, final designs and environmental impact studies were to be carried out by the Canadian consulting firm Tecsult International Limitee. That contract was rescinded after ENDE found Tecsult's studies to be unsatisfactory.
Sinohydro Corporation was contracted by ENDE in 2012 to carry out the studies and redesign the project.
- Bolivian Researcher warns that Cachuela Esperanza is unfeasible
- Economic and technical cooperation agreement between Brazil and Bolivia on the hydroelectric plant of Cachuela Esperanza
- Bank Information Center: Cachuela Esperanza
- Is Cachuela Esperanza project viable?
Megaproyectos: Cachuela Esperanza Hydroelectric Project:
mega dream or mega nightmare?
- FOBOMADE - Cachuela Esperanza: energy for the region?