16 km upstream from the populations of San Buenaventura (La Paz Department) and Rurrenabaque (Beni Department).
* Affected people:
- 2000 people living in the areas surrounding the dam
- 700 people in Pilon Lajas
- 1200 people from the cities of San Buenaventura and Rurrenabaque
** Indigenous people affected:
- 1360 Indigenous people from groups living in Pilon-Lajas.
- Mosetén origins.
*** Protected areas affected:
- Madidi National Park
- Reserve Pilón
- Plans for execution of the work: 2014 - 2021.
- Start of operation: 2022.
* "Technical and Environmental Analysis of El Bala Project" - Jorge Molina Carpio
** "FOBOMADE - Do we want a hydropower plant in el Bala?" and "Technical and Environmental Analysis of El Bala Project"
*** "Sad reissue of mega-dam project El Bala" - Marco Octavio Ribera
- Sad reissue of mega-dam project El Bala
- The Project El Bala in the context of regional development
- FOBOMADE- Do we want a hydropower plant in el Bala?
- Symposium assesses the hydropower project El Bala
- El Bala again
- Technical and Environmental Analysis of "El Bala" Project
- ENDE project page for El Bala