Jamanxim Dam Profile
Capacity: 881 MW
Flooded Area: 74 Km2
Cost: US$ 984.0 million
Operational Status: Planned
Companies Involved: Centrais Elétricas Brasileiras S/A (Eletrobrás) / Centrais Elétricas do Norte do Brasil S/A (Eletronorte) / Construções e Comércio Camargo Côrrea S/A / EDF Consultoria em Projetos de Geração de Energia Ltda. / Endesa Brasil S/A / EPP Energia Elétrica, Promoção e Participações Ltda. / Neoenergia Investimentos S/A (Neoinvest) / Odebrecht (Grupo Norberto Odebrecht)
Investment Plans: Plano Decenal de Expansão de Energía 2020, Brasil / Programa de Aceleração do Crescimento, Brasil
Part of the Tapajos Hydroelectric Complex project, which is also composed by the São Luiz do Tapajós (6133 MW), Jatobá (2338 MW), Cachoeira do Caí (802 MW) and Cachoeira dos Patos (528 MW) plants. All these projects are being studied and there are two other inventoried areas: Chocorão (3336 MW) and Jardim do Ouro (227 MW).
The federal government expects the plant to start operating in 2017.
- Eletronorte is a federal state-owed company controlled by holding Eletrobrás.
- Neoenergia Investments S/A (Neoinvest) is controlled by the Spanish company Iberdrola and by investment funds linked to the Brazilian state bank Banco do Brasil (Bank of Brazil) and Welfare Fund for Staff of the Bank of Brazil (Previ).
- Endesa Brasil is controlled by the Italian group Enel.
Protected areas affected:
- Jamanxim National Park (8516 hectares).
- Hall of Ecotones Southern Amazon (Corredor dos Ecótonos Sul-Amazônicos).
- Preliminary Report on the Tapajós Basin Hydroelectric Inventory
- Indigenous ask for clarifications Eletrobras on dams in the Tapajos