Lajeado / Luis Eduardo Magalhães Dam Profile
Basins: Araguaia - Tocantins
Capacity: 903 MW
Flooded Area: 1,040 Km2
Cost: R$ 1.3 billion
Operational Status: In Operation
Operational Since: 2001
Companies Involved: CEB Lajeado S/A / Centrais Elétricas Brasileiras S/A (Eletrobrás) / EDP Lajeado Energia S/A / Investco S/A / Paulista Lajeado Energia S/A
- Investco S/A, holding company of the plant, is composed by the companies EDP Lajeado Energia S/A (73%), CEB Lajeado S/A (20%) and Paulista Lajeado Energia S/A (7%).
- CEB Lajeado S/A is a company that belongs to the Companhia Energética de Brasilia (CEB).
- EDP Lajeado Energia S/A is a company part of the Portuguese group EDP.
- Paulista Lajeado Energia S/A is a company part of the CPFL Energia private group.
4 000 families.
Indigenous people affected:
Xerente (Funil and Xerente Indigenous Lands).
- Hydroelectric Plant Lajeado: a study of Luzimangues resettlement
- Fish ladder of Lajeado Dam: migrations on one-way routes?