Nova Roma Dam Profile
Basins: Araguaia - Tocantins
Capacity: 51 MW
Flooded Area: 114 Km2
Operational Status: Planned
Companies Involved: Alupar Investimentos S/A / CELG Geração e Transmissão S/A / TPI Participações e Investimentos S/A
Municipalities in the axis of the dam:
São Domingos (GO), Monte Alegre de Goiás (GO) and Nova Roma (GO).
- CELG Geração e Transmissão S/A is a company controlled by the government of the state of Goias.
- Alupar Investmentos S/ A belongs to the Brazilian group Alusa.
- TPI Participações e Investimentos S/A belongs to the Brazilian group Triunfo.
Presence of quilombolas in the affected areas:
- Kalunga do Mimoso Area - on the limit of the State of Tocantins and the state of Goiás (Cities of Cavalcante and Arraias).
- Kalunga do Goiás Area - in the state of Goiás, near the border with Tocantins.
Protected areas affected:
- Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park (the surrounding area within a radius of 10 km drive).
- Paranã-Pirineus Ecological Corridor .
Priority areas for biodiversity protection affected:
- 115 - Southern Tocantins (extremely high priority).
- 102 - Middle Tocantins (extremely high priority).
- 13 - Central Southern Tocantins.
- Province Faunística B.