Rositas Dam Profile
Capacity: 400 MW
Cost: US$ 900.0 million
Operational Status: Planned
Companies Involved: Corani S.A / Empresa Nacional de Electricidad (ENDE) / Hydrochina
Investment Plans: Plan Óptimo de Expansión del Sistema Interconectado Nacional 2022, Bolivia
Cordillera Province, Santa Cruz (at the confluence of the rivers Grande and Rositas).
- Technical, Economic, Social and Environmental Studies: 2010-2011.
- Financing: 2011.
- Construction is planned to start in 2011.
- Construction: 2011-2018.
- Operations expected to start in 2018.
- The project's Feasibility Report was conduced in 1977 and an updated by SOGREAH-GALINDO in 1982.
- Since 2009, ENDE, Cooperativa Rural de Electrificación (CRE) and the Prefecture of Santa Cruz have developed several feasibility studies to update the Hydroelectric Component of Rosita's Project.
- ENDE signed a memorandum of understanding with the Chinese company Hydrochina to develop the viability studies, final design, finance, and construction of the Rositas Multipurporse Project.