Samuel Dam Profile
Capacity: 216 MW
Flooded Area: 656 Km2
Cost: US$ 836.0 million
Operational Status: In Operation
Operational Since: 1989
Companies Involved: Centrais Elétricas do Norte do Brasil S/A (Eletronorte)
Eletronorte is a state-owned company controled by the holding Eletrobrás.
- 256 families (official data).
- About a thousand families, 650 of which are awaiting resettlement (Brazilian Movement of Dam Affected People - MAB).
- Brazil's Samuel Dam: lessons for hydroelectric development policy and the environment in Amazonia
- In Rondônia, people affected by Samuel dam occupy Eletrobrás's thermoelectric plant
- Mercury in the plankton communities of Samuel Reservoir
- Impacts of Hydropower Samuel on fish communities of the Jamari River